Illumasqua Sculpting Powder Duo



// Illumasqua Sculpting Powder Duo//

Now firstly, this is the first contouring duo I have ever tried so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I've previously used separate bronzer and and highlighter products to contour and had never taken the time to properly research contouring for pale skin. When I did however, I came across this product. I bought it in shade Illuminate & Nefertiti, which appeared to be the lightest shade based on the website swatches. I know that this is a really bad way to chose a product you've never used before and I should have went in to store but I was feeling spontaneous! 
When it arrived in the post I was a little worried it was going to come out far too dark for my skin tone. I've read other reviews that had the same uncertainties but after trying it out I can say that it works really well for pale skin. Which is what it's designed for after all! 
I use an angled brush to apply it on top of my powder. I then take my used foundation brush (you could alternatively apply more powder) in downward strokes as it does come out way too pigmented to use on it's own. I think it's essential to go over the top of all contouring though. You can also use it wet if you want a more dramatic effect- which is something I've just read now and will be trying! I found a really good tutorial by Vivianna Does Makeup on how to contour, if you'd like some tips. 
I'm really happy with this product on my skin. The highlighter Illuminate is especially lovely and comes out very shimmery. I wouldn't generally use it for a day time look as I do feel very glittery but for an evening look it's very well used (as you can see in the photos). I generally go for powder products and oppose to creams so I really enjoy using this as well. 
I did do a make up look and try to photograph it for this post but it's really not translating well on my camera unfortunately
Have you tried and contouring kits? What are your recommendations
Much Love xxx 
PS You can Follow me on Bloglovin HERE

Labels: , , ,